Recruitment consultants and in-house recruiters each receive hundreds of resumes / CVs from financial markets professionals every week (especially these days), but what makes recruiters sit up and take notice?
1. Goldman Sachs – if you can make it there, you can make it anywhere
2. JPMorgan – has a reputation for hiring quality staff across the board
3. Morgan Stanley – seen as an organisation that is based on strong ethical behaviours, staff therefore highly sought after
4. Jefferies – a whizzy firm that is thought to only hire whizzy people
5. Deutsche Bank – seen as a firm which encourages employees to think outside the box
6. UBS – seen as giving staff a good grounding in the industry
7. PIMCO – regarded as a firm full of academics and rocket scientists
8. BlackRock – staff seen as mixed in quality terms (depending what area they are in), but always a popular name with recruiters
9. Moelis & Co – the new kid on the block, which is thought to have done so well so quickly as it has attracted the right people
10. Evercore Partners – class, sheer class
11. Cantor Fitzgerald – the firm has street cred, and employees are thought of as very sharp
12. Macquarie – seen as a firm that will try and recruit only the best, regarding themselves as ‘the Goldman Sachs of Australia’).
13. Barclays Capital (now just Barclays) – a good name on a CV, but some staff can be on the expensive side
14. ICAP – niche firm where only the strong survive
15. BMO Capital Markets – making inroads in the industry by hoovering up top talent
16. Credit Suisse – has a strong brand recognition, but a mixed bag in terms of quality of employees
17. Lazard – has a reputation for employing top drawer staff, but many are fussy where they go next
18. Royal Bank of Canada Capital Markets – when they are good, the staff are very, very good
19. Citi – still a firm with a strong brand, but are there any superstars left ?
20. Bank of America / Bank of America Merrill Lynch – the Merrill name opened doors, but that’s not always the case now with the Bank of America monicker
21. Standard Chartered – regarded as an excellent (if unexciting) firm full of competent bankers
Read the original article on hereisthecity;